On Friday, 23th February my primary Internet connection link has gone because of the usual incompetence of my provider. Since I noticed the trouble as soon it raised, my customers did not suffer any service break.
The problem was to obtain dynamically what was told to be a static IP in the contract, which did later revealed to be a DHCP reservation. Of course, only if I opened a support service ticket, I’m still waiting for an answer. During the whole day I tried to obtain my IP, by bringing offline and online the dialer and the ATM interfaces on my Cisco router, but only after near 25 hours I was able to come back online.
Thanking one more time my double-connected network infrastructure design, I restored the original RR in my DNS zone, and I went back at work. 🙂